Wednesday 24 February 2010

Soul Game from Sophie Darly


One of my freelance job was to design the CD case of a Jazz singer: Sophie Darly. http://www.myspace.com/sodarly. First I designed a branding identity for Sophie Darly that has been applied on a business card, CD pack and promotional flyers. It was the first I was asked to design a CD pack cover and I thought it was a challenging project because this is similar to design a magazine cover; the imagery of the front cover of a CD pack needs to be very powerful in order to catch the attention to people. After presenting a couple of ideas to Sophie, she picked this very strong visual that moves radically from the conservative styles of traditional Jazz CD packs. I think she was right to make this decision because she got rewarded and her CD is now sold at one of the biggest French music retail store (La Fnac) in 2 different branches (Forum des Halles, Champs Elysées) located in Paris.

1 comment: